We extend the peeling exploration introduced in [Budd (2015)] to the setting of Boltzmann planar maps coupled to a rigid O(n) loop model. Its law is related to a class of discrete Markov processes obtained by confining random walks to the positive integers with a new type of boundary condition. As an application we give a rigorous justification of the phase diagram of the model presented in [Borot, Bouttier, Guitter (2011)]. This entails two results pertaining to the so-called fixed-point equation: the first asserts that any solution determines a well-defined model, while the second result, contributed by Chen in the appendix, establishes precise existence criteria.
A scaling limit for the exploration process is identified in terms of a new class of positive self-similar Markov processes, going under the name of ricocheted stable processes. As an application we study distances on loop-decorated maps arising from a particular first passage percolation process on the maps. In the scaling limit these distances between the boundary and a marked point are related to exponential integrals of certain Lévy processes. The distributions of the latter can be identified in a fairly explicit form using machinery of positive self-similar Markov processes.
Finally we observe a relation between the number of loops that surround a marked vertex in a Boltzmann loop-decorated map and the winding angle of a simple random walk on the square lattice. As a corollary we give a combinatorial proof of the fact that the total winding angle around the origin of a simple random walk started at $(p,p)$ and killed upon hitting $(0,0)$ normalized by $\log p$ converges in distribution to a Cauchy random variable.
- Borot, Gaëtan, Jérémie Bouttier, and Bertrand Duplantier. “Nesting statistics in the O(n) loop model on random planar maps.” arXiv preprint arXiv:1605.02239 (2016).
- Budd, Timothy, and Nicolas Curien. “Geometry of infinite planar maps with high degrees.” Electronic Journal of Probability 22 (2017).
- Chen, Linxiao, Nicolas Curien, and Pascal Maillard. “The perimeter cascade in critical Boltzmann quadrangulations decorated by an $ O (n) $ loop model.” arXiv preprint arXiv:1702.06916 (2017).
- Richier, Loïc. “Limits of the boundary of random planar maps.” Probability Theory and Related Fields (2017): 1-39.
- Chen, Linxiao. Random Planar Maps coupled to Spin Systems. Diss. Université Paris-Saclay, 2018.
- Budd, Timothy, Nicolas Curien, and Cyril Marzouk. “Infinite random planar maps related to Cauchy processes.” arXiv preprint arXiv:1704.05297 (2017).
- Albenque, Marie, Laurent Ménard, and Gilles Schaeffer. “Local convergence of large random triangulations coupled with an Ising model.” arXiv preprint arXiv:1812.03140 (2018).
- Andreas E. Kyprianou, Juan Carlos Pardo, Matija Vidmar, “Double hypergeometric Lévy processes and self-similarity.” arXiv preprint arXiv:1904.06143 (2019)
- Bouttier, Jérémie, “Cartes planaires et partitions aléatoires”, Habilitation à diriger des recherches, Université Paris-Sud (2019).
- Björnberg, Jakob, Nicolas Curien, and Sigurdur Örn Stefánsson, “Stable shredded spheres and causal random maps with large faces.” arXiv preprint arXiv:1912.01378 (2019).
- Federico Camia, Yves Le Jan, Tulasi Ram Reddy, “Limit theorems for loop soup random variables.” arXiv preprint arXiv:2002.00347 (2020)
- Joonas Turunen, “Interfaces in the vertex-decorated Ising model on random triangulations of the disk.” arXiv preprint arXiv:2003.11012 (2020)
- Jason Miller, Scott Sheffield, Wendelin Werner. “Simple Conformal Loop Ensembles on Liouville Quantum Gravity.” arXiv preprint arXiv:2002.05698 (2020).
- Ménard, Laurent. “Cartes et graphes aléatoires.” Habilitation thesis, 2020.
- Alexander R. Watson. “A growth-fragmentation connected to the ricocheted stable process.” arXiv preprint arXiv:2021.05658 (2021).
- Martin Minchev, Mladen Savov. “Asymptotic of densities of exponential functionals of subordinator.” arXiv preprint arXiv:2104.05381 (2021).
- Aleksandra Korzhenkova. “The exploration process of critical Boltzmann planar maps decorated by a triangular O(n) loop model.” arXiv preprint arXiv:2112.11576 (2021).
- Kavvadias, Konstantinos, and Jason Miller. “Bipolar oriented random planar maps with large faces and exotic SLE$_\kappa(\rho)$ processes.” arXiv preprint arXiv:2202.02289 (2022).
- Nina Holden, Matthis Lehmkuehler. “Liouville quantum gravity weighted by conformal loop ensemble nesting statistics.” arXiv preprint arXiv:2204.09905 (2022).