Quantum & Gravity Seminar (Friday)
The regular slot for seminars on Gravity, Quantum Gravity and related topics is on Fridays at 14:30 (taking place on Zoom for the time being). This series is organized by Renate Loll and an overview of events can be found on her website.
Gravity Lunch Seminar (Wednesday)
The lunch seminar series hosts events ranging from regular seminars to informal discussions and journal clubs. The seminar takes place on Wednesdays at 12:30 in the Hilbert room (HG02.802), but will also be streamed on Zoom (send me an email to request login details). Feel free to bring your lunch. Upcoming and past events are listed below.
- Feb 14, 12:30. Jesse Daas (RU): t.b.a.
- Feb 7, 12:30. Sumedha Biswas (RU): t.b.a.
- Jan 31, 12:30. Patricia Ribes Metidieri (RU): t.b.a.
- Jan 17, 12:30. Ariadna Ribes Metidieri (RU): t.b.a.
- Dec 13, 12:30. Patrick Bourg (RU): t.b.a.
- Dec 6, 12:30. Joyce van Dalen (RU): t.b.a.
- Oct 18, 12:30. Dániel Németh (RU): Dynamical Triangulations with two-trees, and more…
- Sep 27, 12:30. Gastón Creci Keinbaum (Utrecht University): New perspectives on Love numbers of compact objects
- Jun 14, 12:30. Dimitrios Kranas (Louisiana State University): Entanglement in the Hawking effect: from astrophysical to optical analogue black holes
- Jun 7, 12:30. Tom Gerstel (RU): t.b.a. (Master internship presentation)
- Apr 12, 12:30. Thomas Meeusen (RU): A new approach to calculating the 2D gravity path integral using tree bijections (Master internship presentation)
- Mar 10, 12:30. Gravity@RU Mini-Symposium (part 3)
- Mar 9, 12:30. Gravity@RU Mini-Symposium (part 2)
- Mar 6, 12:30. Gravity@RU Mini-Symposium (part 1)
- Nov 23, 12:30. Maximilian Becker (RU): Composite operators in Asymptotically Safe Quantum Gravity
- Nov 16, 12:30. Bart Zonneveld (RU): Changing the pairs of pants in JT gravity
- Nov 9, 12:30. Antonio Ferreiro (RU): Quantum fields in expanding universes
- Oct 26, 12:30. Antonio Duarte Pereira (RU & Fluminense Federal U): Why spacetime torsion is so small (or zero)?
- Oct 4(!), 12:30. Daan Janssen (U Leipzig): Hadamard states on null-cones, the semi-classical Einstein equations and the local Hawking effect
- Sep 21, 12:30(!). Renata Ferrero (U Mainz): Spectral geometry of de Sitter space in Asymptotic Safety
- Aug 24, 13:30. Kolja Kuijpers (RU): Constructing and bounding the solutions of Quantum Gravity with the Event Horizon Telescope (Master internship presentation)
- Jul 6, 13:30. Mathijs Fraaije (RU): Aspects of the Reconstruction Problem in Asymptotically Safe Quantum Gravity (Master internship presentation)
- Jun 29, 13:30. Brian McGloughlin (RU): Searching for Gravitational Waves from Newly Born Magnetars (Master internship presentation)
- Jun 22, 14:30(!). Maikel Magnée (RU): Alternative models matched to the data of GW150914 (Master internship presentation)
- Jun 8, 13:30. Bachelor internship presentations
- Mar 30, 13:30. Gravity Mini-Symposium (part 3)
- Mar 23, 13:30. Gravity Mini-Symposium (part 2)
- Mar 16, 13:30. Gravity Mini-Symposium (part 1)
- Feb 16, 13:30. Praveen Xavier (Oxford): Quantum gravity on the lattice
- Feb 9, 13:30. Cristobal Laporte (RU): Can scale-dependent cosmology alleviate the H₀ tension?
- Dec 1, 13:30. Renee Hoekzema (University of Oxford): Cutting and pasting in the 21st century
- Nov 24, 13:30. Héctor Olivares (RU): A new first-order formulation of the Einstein equations exploiting analogies with electrodynamics
- Nov 17, 13:30. Michael Wondrak (RU): Causality-preserving characterization of holographic field theories
- Nov 10, 13:30. Patricia Ribes (RU): Can we Test the Quantum Origin of the CMB?
- Nov 3, 13:30. Sylvain Carrozza (RU): Edge modes as dynamical reference frames
- Oct 20, 13:30. Vincent Delecroix (Labri, Bordeaux): Asymptotic geometry of curves and flat surfaces
- Sep 29, 13:30. Mina Galis (RU): Black holes in quadratic gravity and beyond (Master internship presentation)
- Sep 22, 13:30. Leonardo Garcia Heveling (RU): Time functions without manifold structure
- Aug 25, 13:30. Bart Zonneveld (RU): A Local Vacuum in De Sitter Space, Dirk van Buul (RU): Black hole formation in AdS3 (Master internship presentations)
- Jul 14, 13:30. Cristobal Laporte (RU): Cosmological constant problem: Deflation during inflation
- Jul 7, 13:30. Wouter Oosters (RU): Asymptotically Safe Fermions, Joost Remie (RU): Characterizing tidal deformations of black holes by calculating Love numbers using black hole perturbation theory (Master internship presentations)
- Jun 30, 13:30. Djamel van der Sluis (RU): Statistics of spatial geometries in Causal Dynamical Triangulations, Sam Pirlo (RU): The quantum effective action of gravity coupled to photons and scalars (Master internship presentations)
- Jun 16, 13:30. Amir Khosravi (RU): Regular black holes with stable cores
- Jun 2, 13:30. Bachelor internship presentations
- May 26, 13:30. Badri Krishnan (RU): Observation of a multimode quasi-normal spectrum from a perturbed black hole
- May 19, 13:30. Achille Mauri (RU): Scale vs. conformal invariance in the statistical mechanics of crystalline membranes
- Apr 14, 13:30. Tomas Fernández Quirante (RU): The causal structure of cosmological models with two fluids (Master internship presentation)
- Mar 31, 13:30. Gravity Mini-Symposium (part 2)
- Mar 24, 13:30. Gravity Mini-Symposium (part 1)
- Feb 24, 13:30. Giuseppe Clemente (RU): Minimal coupling compact gauge fields to Causal Dynamical Triangulations
- Feb 17, 13:30. Beatrix Mühlmann (UvA): Matrix integrals & finite holography
- Feb 3, 13:30. Tom Draper (RU): Asymptotically Safe Amplitudes (Master internship presentation)
- Dec 16, 13:00. Ross Kang (RU): Triangle-free graphs, independent set structure, and the hard-core model
- Dec 9, 13:00. Christy Kelly (Heriot-Watt U, Edinburgh): Ollivier Curvature, Euclidean Gravity and Emergent Geometry
- Dec 2, 13:00. Bachelor internship presentations by Thijs Moen, Bart Peters, Koen Thijssen.
- Nov 25, 13:00. Sylvain Carrozza (RU): From branched polymers to 2d quantum gravity in multi-matrix models
- Nov 11, 13:00. Bram Petri (Sorbonne Université, Paris): Random 3-manifolds with boundary
- Nov 4, 13:00. Andrzej Gőrlich (Jagiellonian University, Krakow): Cosmic fibers in CDT
- Oct 28, 13:00. Klaas Landsman (RU): Singularities, black holes, and cosmic censorship: A tribute to Roger Penrose.
- Oct 21, 13:00. Timothy Budd & Luca Lionni (RU): Models of random 3d triangulations inspired by Morse theory
- Jul 8, 14:15 CEST (New time!). Frank Saueressig (RU): Finite Quantum Gravity Amplitudes – no strings attached
- Jul 1, 14:30 CEST. Jesse Daas (RU): Fermions in the Asymptotic Safety Program (Master internship presentation)
- Jun 4, 13:30 CEST (New date and time!). Bachelor internship presentations by Gabriel Niebel (Université Toulouse III) and Mariska Rood (RU)
- May 13, 14:30 CEST. Walter van Suijlekom (RU): Spectral truncations in noncommutative geometry
- May 6, 14:30 CEST. Frank Saueressig (RU): Spectroscopy of the Reuter fixed point from the composite operator formalism
- Apr 29, 14:30 CEST. Marcus Reitz (RU): Higher-order spectral dimensions from renormalisation group techniques
- Apr 22, 14:30 CEST. Jan Ambjørn (Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen & RU): Models of the Universe based on Jordan algebras
- Apr 15, 14:30 CEST. Renate Loll (RU): Geometric flux formula for the gravitational Wilson loop
- Apr 8, 14:30 CEST. Dániel Németh (Jagiellonian University, Krakow): Recent results of Causal Dynamical Triangulations
- Apr 1, 14:30 CEST. Timothy Budd (RU): Tree bijections for Riemann surfaces
- Mar 25, 14:30 CET. Alicia Castro (RU) : FRG Approach to the Continuum Limit of Matrix Models of Quantum Gravity with Preferred Foliation
- Mar 11. Séverin Charbonnier (MPI Bonn): Generalized Kontsevich graphs, topological recursion and 2d gravity
- Feb 26. Amir Khosravi (RU): Nature of Spacetime in the light of Quantum Entanglement
- Feb 12. Joren Brunekreef (RU): Curvature in Discrete Quantum Gravity
- Feb 5. Desmond Johnston (Heriot-Watt, Edinburgh): The 3D plaquette Ising model: From random surfaces to fractons