Quantum Gravity Seminar (Friday)
The regular slot for seminars on Quantum Gravity and related topics is on Fridays at 14:00 in HG02.802. This series is organized by Renate Loll and an overview of events can be found on her website.
Quantum Gravity Lunch Seminar (Wednesday)
The lunch seminar series hosts events ranging from regular seminars to informal discussions and journal clubs. In normal times it takes place on Wednesdays at 12:30 in HG02.802 and attendants are welcome to bring their lunch. Please contact me if you are interested in speaking. Upcoming and past events are listed below.
This semester the Wednesday seminars take place online and at a different time. Feel free to send me an email to request ZOOM login details.
- Dec 16, 13:00. Ross Kang (RU): t.b.a.
- Dec 9, 13:00. Christy Kelly (Heriot-Watt U, Edinburgh): Ollivier Curvature, Euclidean Gravity and Emergent Geometry
- Dec 2, 13:00. Bachelor internship presentations by Thijs Moen, Bart Peters, Koen Thijssen.
- Nov 25, 13:00. Sylvain Carrozza (RU): From branched polymers to 2d quantum gravity in multi-matrix models
- Nov 11, 13:00. Bram Petri (Sorbonne Université, Paris): Random 3-manifolds with boundary
- Nov 4, 13:00. Andrzej Gőrlich (Jagiellonian University, Krakow): Cosmic fibers in CDT
- Oct 28, 13:00. Klaas Landsman (RU): Singularities, black holes, and cosmic censorship: A tribute to Roger Penrose.
- Oct 21, 13:00. Timothy Budd & Luca Lionni (RU): Models of random 3d triangulations inspired by Morse theory
- Jul 8, 14:15 CEST (New time!). Frank Saueressig (RU): Finite Quantum Gravity Amplitudes – no strings attached
- Jul 1, 14:30 CEST. Jesse Daas (RU): Fermions in the Asymptotic Safety Program (Master internship presentation)
- Jun 4, 13:30 CEST (New date and time!). Bachelor internship presentations by Gabriel Niebel (Université Toulouse III) and Mariska Rood (RU)
- May 13, 14:30 CEST. Walter van Suijlekom (RU): Spectral truncations in noncommutative geometry
- May 6, 14:30 CEST. Frank Saueressig (RU): Spectroscopy of the Reuter fixed point from the composite operator formalism
- Apr 29, 14:30 CEST. Marcus Reitz (RU): Higher-order spectral dimensions from renormalisation group techniques
- Apr 22, 14:30 CEST. Jan Ambjørn (Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen & RU): Models of the Universe based on Jordan algebras
- Apr 15, 14:30 CEST. Renate Loll (RU): Geometric flux formula for the gravitational Wilson loop
- Apr 8, 14:30 CEST. Dániel Németh (Jagiellonian University, Krakow): Recent results of Causal Dynamical Triangulations
- Apr 1, 14:30 CEST. Timothy Budd (RU): Tree bijections for Riemann surfaces
- Mar 25, 14:30 CET. Alicia Castro (RU) : FRG Approach to the Continuum Limit of Matrix Models of Quantum Gravity with Preferred Foliation
- Mar 11. Séverin Charbonnier (MPI Bonn): Generalized Kontsevich graphs, topological recursion and 2d gravity
- Feb 26. Amir Khosravi (RU): Nature of Spacetime in the light of Quantum Entanglement
- Feb 12. Joren Brunekreef (RU): Curvature in Discrete Quantum Gravity
- Feb 5. Desmond Johnston (Heriot-Watt, Edinburgh): The 3D plaquette Ising model: From random surfaces to fractons