The lengths of shortest non-contractible loops are studied numerically in 2d Euclidean quantum gravity on a torus coupled to conformal field theories with central charge less than one. We find that the distribution of these geodesic lengths displays a scaling in agreement with a Hausdorff dimension given by the formula of Y. Watabiki.
Phys. Lett. B 724 (2013) 328-332
- Borot, Gaëtan, Jérémie Bouttier, and Bertrand Duplantier. “Nesting statistics in the O(n) loop model on random planar maps.” arXiv preprint arXiv:1605.02239 (2016).
- Ambjørn, Jan, and T. G. Budd. “Geodesic distances in Liouville quantum gravity.” Nuclear Physics B 889 (2014): 676-691.
- Ambjørn, Jan, et al. “The spectral dimension in 2D CDT gravity coupled to scalar fields.” Modern Physics Letters A 30.13 (2015): 1550077.
- Ambjørn, J., and T. Budd. “Two-dimensional Quantum Geometry.” Acta Physica Polonica B 44 (2013): 2537.
- Ambjørn, Jan, Zbigniew Drogosz, Jakub Gizbert-Studnicki, and Jerzy Jurkiewicz. “Pseudo-Cartesian coordinates in a model of Causal Dynamical Triangulations.” arXiv preprint arXiv:1812.10671 (2018).
- J. Barkley and T. Budd, “Precision measurements of Hausdorff dimensions in two-dimensional quantum gravity”, arXiv preprint arXiv:1908.09469 (2019).